Royal Bank Visa® Debit Cards
Royal Bank Visa® debit cards are a quick and easy way to access the funds in your checking account. They are accepted at all merchants that accept Visa® and can be used in place of writing a check. As an added bonus, you have access to the following:
To help mitigate fraud, please contact the bank during business hours to approve online international purchases.
Lost or Stolen Debit Card
If your debit card has been lost or stolen, please contact us right away
During regular business hours: 800.873.1406
After regular business hours: 833.933.1681 for the Lost & Stolen Service Center
Follow the voice prompts to deactivate your card.
Please contact Royal Bank the following business day so a new debit card can be ordered.
Card Alert Notifications
Your Royal Bank Debit Card Transactions are continually monitored for purchases being made outside of your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations. These transactions are also monitored for purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraudulent activity trends.
With all fraud, time is of the essence, which is why we offer a convenient and free Card Alert Notification Service. With this service, you will receive a text message in real-time asking you to confirm whether a suspicious transaction was authorized. Contact the bank to make sure we have your current cell phone connected to your card so we can communicate these notifications to you.
What to expect
- Text messages will arrive with the following:
- A five-digit code (33748)
- The name "Royal Bank"
- The dollar amount of the transaction
- The merchant's name
- If you authorized the transaction, reply "yes". You will receive a confirmation text and can continue using your debit card.
- If you did not authorize the transaction, reply "no". You will receive a confirmation text and an immediate call from a fraud specialist. Please answer this important call.
- As with any form of electronic communication, do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these messages by text, you may reply "stop" to indicate this preference.
Updating Your Information & Travel Alerts
Updating Your Information
Let's work together to help keep your accounts secure. Be sure to keep us up-to-date with your current cell and home phone numbers and other pertinent contact information, including a current email address.
If you plan to travel in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time, contact us prior to your departure so we can make monitoring more flexible during your travel time.